Wednesday, June 13, 2007

If You Read My Blog

If you read any of my "Silly" stuff, if you have visited, thank you so much. I can't begin to tell you what it means to have people leave comments, to connect with others who have such beautiful sites, who do such wonderful things. I think that I am just figuring out why I like to do this. Yes, I like to make things and I have forever when I've had the time. I have the time now, but for some reason I am enjoying the writing process more. It may not appeal to very many people..that's certainly o.k..but it's sure been good for me. I am assuming that whoever you are and whatever you do, that's what is good for you and that is what makes you happy..along with the really important things...family,place etc.
I guess what I needed to write about tonight was that I am not all fluff, silliness, irreverence, craziness and whatever other words one would attach to me. I need to say this, I think, especially for me. I have been feeling all that -ness, and I will continue to do it as long as I can. Humor, however dumb or stupid is good. BUT here is the rub: Listening to the news, not knowing what I can do, being an anti-war person, anti-violence, but supporting the sons, daughters, husbands and wives who are there is just so confusing. I know that I can take care of this little world around me and I do. I just don't know how to take care of all of the people I (you too) worry about..those who are in pain, those who are sick, those who are abused, those who live in violent surroundings, those who are hungry, those who have no access to literacy, those who have no clean water, those who..on and on and on. And it's not just in the war zone..it was in my classroom sometimes.(the harsh reality is that we can't do all of this).
This is why I turn off the radio at times. Maybe I'm being chicken, but that's how I handle stuff at times...turn it off, do what I can do, and be silly, and hope that people know that I send love and care.
I wish no matter who you are, what color, what nationality, what religion, what gender, what skin color, and what age, that you are in a safe place, that there are people who care for you, that you have people you care for and that you have the power of choice and that you have the gift of JOY in your life.

No comments: