Friday, March 16, 2007

Prunes/Plums Moving On


Last night I took some fresh plums, put them in the oven with a splash of Balsamic Vinegar and a sprinkle of Turbinado sugar and blasted them with some heat. They were a yummy ending to our dinner. The color was gorgeous, the plums, vinegar, sugar and heat produced a lovely thick sauce. It was great, if I do say so myself.
Prunes/ plums reminds me that in this part of the country they are labeling prunes as dried plums...must be something that is politically correct, or something that appeals to the consumer of today. Heaven help us if we should eat prunes. That smacks of something else (digestive problems?). Which leads me to Fridays. I've already noted that Wednesday is devoted to garbage, but I have not mentioned that Friday is devoted to, as we affectionately call him, The #*itter Man. The Honey Bucket truck (name on the side) barrels into the nursery every Friday morning very early to clean out the Porta-Potty we have here on the grounds. Woe be unto any one that gets in the way. There could be some nasty consequences!
This also leads me to one of my favorite sights on the freeway...following a much bigger vehicle that obviously helps those whose septic tanks are in need of a little help. The large sign reads: Yesterday's Meals on Wheels. You've got to love that.
I think I'll bake a few more plums (not prunes) soon.
Best!

No comments: