Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Little Book Bag for a Little Friend


I just can't get a decent picture today of this little bag. It's too dark and I have no photography genes in my make-up.
I put this together today for a first grade girl who loves to read. I am going to be her substitute grandma at my old stomping grounds where I taught for many years.
The pocket holds a little felt bookworm who is holding a book titled The Big Book of Butterflies. I wanted to name the book Ten Easy Steps to Metamorphosis but thought that that might be lost on a first grader. The little worm comes out of the pocket and although he is a bit chubby he could be used as a bookmark. I'll add a few books to it before I go over for Grandparent's Day. I hope she likes it as much as I loved making it.
Best!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Ellen! This is a sweet bag, I'm sure your little friend will love it :) I don't know if you post pics at flickr.com but it is a great way to meet fellow crafters. I will check in again, welcome to blogland!!

maggiegracecreates said...

ellen - you posted to maggiegracecreates on a giveaway post and i need your mailing address. please email me at teresahome@juno.com

thanks