Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Thank You

Thank you
for your kind comments,
everyone.
I appreciate each one.
Truly, I do.
I am waiting and hoping
that there is good news
for me tomorrow.
Saturday afternoon
I twirled around in my chair
and gracefully fell
over the dog.
I do have osteoporosis,
and in January of 2010,
I fractured a bone in my right leg.
This time it is my left ankle.
I am grateful
that I still have this walking
boot that I was able
to wear then
after my cast (orange!!)
was removed.
Some people have road rage,
not me.
I have been known
to have Velcro Rage.
Five straps,
count them,
that love to grip themselves
together in an eternal entanglement,
not counting
the flaps underneath
that one has to
smooshe together,
in a sticky, hairy embrace.
As some wise person
once said,
"Getting old ain't for sissies."
It does hurt,
and sleeping is difficult...
but I can walk around the house
in a hobbling gait.
I am hoping that tomorrow
after Xrays today,
I will be told that
it is only a bad ankle sprain.
best, e.



4 comments:

Susan T said...

OH Ellen I didn't know - how awful for you. I will write. I hope that you are not in too much pain.
Fondest Love and all good wishes from here xxx

Mrs. Micawber said...

Oh no! Ankle sprains can be excruciating. But I do hope it's a sprain and not a fracture.

Take care and try to be patient with the Velcro.

Babs, Jo, John said...

We are looking forward to hearing better news soon!
best wishes for a quick recovery. Babs and John

jackie said...

Shoot! and Dad-Blast-It!!! and any number of other verbal curse words that come to mind...So sorry you are hobbling, and I hope it was just a sprain and not a fracture!