Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Give yourself up to love, no matter how old...life is too short not to love and to be loved...too short not to embrace the wonderfulness of being alive and being connected...too short to say I am too old to connect with those who are too young... too short to say I am too young to connect with those who are too old...too short to ignore and deny the the deliciousness of life...too short not to shout out..."I am here and I matter and you are here and you matter!"... too short to not dance the dance, see the sky, be burned by the moon, smell the sunflowers, embrace the darkness, be kissed by the rain, be changed by the words, carried away by the music, be reduced by pain and concern for others.... too short not to rise up each day to the wonder that is out there...too short to not raise our hands in help, too short not to love and shout out, "Here I am and there you are, aren't we so fortunate to connect and be together?"...too short not to wonder at all of the wonder....

Best

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY!! At the library yesterday I picked up volume 1 of the complete writings of Ralph Waldo Emerson, you remind me of him!
"Here I am and there you are, aren't we so fortunate to connect and be 'together' in spirit?"

Anonymous said...

Absolutely agree, too Ellen!
and not only on valentine's day, but should be everyday.....
Thanks for your words.

Nora said...

Amen.
Happy Valentine's Day a bit late, Ellen!

jacquie said...

i hope yours was filled with love. thanks for adding to the deliciousness of my life!

weebug said...

thank you for the love in friendship

Sarah said...

Beautiful, Ellen! Thank you so much for the reminder!